Monday, September 1, 2008

back to 21 days

We thought we were so clever when we discovered this airline and their $300 tickets to London. Shaking our heads at the other airlines, snickering at how they may outsmart the average traveller, but not us. Well now I'm just embarrassed. There's a reason most people fly with British Airways and not So-Ur-Broke Discount Air. It's to avoid faulty and dangerous flight equipment (last month), departure date changes (twice), and horrible food (so I hear). I won't tell you which of those ranked higher on my list of airplane dos and don'ts, but seriously, when you have stuffed chicken breast and tiny salt and pepper shakers on one hand and BBQ bun in a bag on the other... come on.

This morning was departure change #2, which puts us at leaving on the 21st, not the 19th. We told the kids to put their rip off calender on hold for a few days, but we'll wait on any other changes for now. I guess it's not that bad. If we miss something so be it. We're still going (at some point) and we can afford to do this because of the deals we found in the dark alleys of Google Cheap Flights to London. Maybe this just needs to be part of the adventure- Oh look! We're not leaving next week but right now! And we're flying into Constantinople- ha that's funny! And fun!

Anyway, here's me, shaking my finger at Flyglobespan, but after that, I'll hang my head and hop onto their hard seats and pillow-less overnight flight. Because that's how we do things here in the land of budget travel. (From this point on, don't take any travel advice from the Closes).

Angie

1 comment:

Scrawney John Smith said...

Where's a good place to rent a car from?