Saturday, September 20, 2008

Thankyou and Adieu

By the time most of you read this we'll be enjoying home cooked plane food and censored movies. It's difficult to imagine our dream of travelling the world (and by world I mean Europe) with our kids is about to begin. We fly out in 20 hours. Unbelievable.

Before we left we wanted to give some shout outs to our peeps in Compton. I say we, but Angie would never say things like peeps or Compton and certainly not shout outs and so I guess I mean me. I want to shout out. Especially to those who have gone over and above for us as of late.

First on my list is Hope and Darcy Pawlak. If you don't know them you should and quick. They speak bluntly but its only a cover for their golden hearts. Not only do they work tirelessly to make our church a better place they allowed us to stay in their better place for the past week. Hope said she was excited because "we are so much fun" but the awful truth is most days we could only be found huddled in her basement pounding out our schedule, budget and the joy that is online banking and most evenings we could be found asleep on her couch as "we partied." We apologized each time it happened and I think she's forgiven us because she said we can stay at her house again in the New Year. Bottom Line: Hope and Darcy Pawlak live the life Jesus meant when he said "love one another as I have loved you." We feel honored to be counted as their friends!

Second is Greg and Suneetha Banco. Let me say this once more: if you don't know them you should and quick. They speak softly but its only because of their shrunken voice boxes. *I thought that might be a funny thing to say* The fantastic truth about the Bancos is they are the kind of friends who not only help you move but stay and clean your house after too. Seriously. Who is as wonderful as them? Right now I'm typing from their computer as they've also opened up their house so my rambunctious family could take over their steadiness. Greg and Suneetha live the same servant life as our Pawlak friends and it overwhelms me to think I have not one but TWO sets of friends this Golden. Plus Greg looks like me, says my kids. So. . yay for us.

We'd also like to thank Jeff and Erin for watching our buddy Hugo while we're gone and Chris and Glenda for watching our Speedway Blue Matrix (as well as their son Dan for coming with them so he can say goodbye to us at the airport.) Aww, thanks Dan. Hi Dan (from Angie).

Next time we write it'll be from the land down under, wait that's Australia, the land of a million pieces, nope that's a book I think, the land far far away, shoot that's Shrek. Whatever its called, we'll be writing from there. Soon.

Up Up and away!!

John and Ang.

6 comments:

Craig,Leah,Lena said...

WHOO HOO!!! you did it!! you are there!! you are reading this from EUROPE!!! enjoy every minutes you guys!

Carolyn said...

Happy travels. I am sure this will be all you hoped it would and more.....with countless memories to remember even when the months are over.

And sorry, John, don't be counting on any financial support from this corner of the world :) Bright idea though!

Are you going to become picture posting bloggers???? We wanna see pics of all these cool adventures please!

Oh - I can't remember what countries you plan to hit...but may I strongly suggest heading to the Czech Republic??? Prague is seriously one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. I could set you up with some pretty cool people! Let me know if you are the spontaneous kind of travellers or if all is scheduled too tight for changes.

Take care,
Carolyn

Carolyn said...

Ha - I just saw I typed Prague - I meant Prauge!!!

Anonymous said...

Leave already!!! (Spoken bluntly) We expect you back in 3 1/2 months or as I so cleverly figured out 100 days! We could make a ripoff calendar, but we won't....so, Go! Go! Go!

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie!

Love you guys, have an awesome time!

Kristi said...

We are so excited for you guys. Have lots of fun!! We love you.

Love your sis Kristi,Cyrus,Connor and Kayla