Thursday, September 11, 2008

Numbness

People are constantly saying to us "you excited, getting excited, pretty excited?" They're talking about our trip of course and for the record the answer is yeah, yeah we're excited. But to be honest, we've been excited for so long our feeling is more akin to numbness then excitement. I just want to get my trip on already.

We leave in 10 days and let me tell you, those days couldn't come any faster. I say my official goodbyes to Maryvale CofC this Sunday, which is great and will be hard, but after that, I'll be fast tracking towards Europe.

Angie is sick right now which was inevitable. Anyone who spends 4 stressful months planning, sorting, packing and stacking is destined for some hacking and not just because it rhymes. As crappy as she feels the British Doc at Walk-in prescribed her some meds and pro biotic yogurt, strangely. Its like his European and North American Ness are at odds. Either way, I just want my wife back and if that means more smoothies then I'm in support.

I went with Uhaul again. I do everytime and without fail I'm reduced to an anger ball. "I'm sorry sir but unfortunately I don't have a truck for you." Are you SeRIOUS!!. "Please try to calm down sir. What's your name again?" Close. "Spell that please." Spell that, that one always gets me. I said Close not Rumpelstiltskin. C - L - O - S - E. "I see, well there's no booking under that name. Could it be under another name." Yeah, check youramoron. Despite all Uhaul's incompetence I go with their $19.95 every time. Anyways, we load Saturday. Oh Joy!

John

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

John & Angie,

Just wanted to leave you a note to tell you I plan to follow you on your adventures thru your blog. What an awesome plan - I hope it is all you hope it will be and more. Your posts crack me up!!! Europe is awesome - you will not regret it. Be safe and all the best - checking in soon....

Carolyn (wiebe) Brednich

Svetlana Yanova said...

I absolutely love the way you post guys! I'm laughing through all the posts and I wish you keep up this positive and optimistic attitide throughout your journey!

Svetlana Yanova